There are 2 separate enrollment periods each year.
What can I do?
- Change from Original Medicare to a Medicare Advantage Plan.
- Change from a Medicare Advantage Plan back to Original Medicare.
- Switch from one Medicare Advantage Plan to another Medicare Advantage Plan.
- Switch from a Medicare Advantage Plan that doesn’t offer drug coverage to a Medicare Advantage Plan that offers drug coverage.
- Switch from a Medicare Advantage Plan that offers drug coverage to a Medicare Advantage Plan that doesn’t offer drug coverage.
- Join a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan.
- Switch from one Medicare drug plan to another Medicare drug plan.
- Drop your Medicare prescription drug coverage completely.
October 15–December 7
The Health Insurance Marketplace Open Enrollment period (October 1, 2013–March 31, 2014) overlaps with the Medicare Open Enrollment period (October 15–December 7, 2013).
The NC Department of Insurance’s Seniors’ Health Insurance Information Program (SHIIP) is committed to helping consumers make wise insurance choices. Contact SHIIP at 1.800.443.9354 or email at email@example.com for unbiased, free assistance to pick the best Medicare supplemental policy for you or your loved one. Have your list of prescription drugs that are purchased each month. Some policies will be the best choice for you; other plans will be a better fit for someone else’s prescriptions.